Thursday 18 December 2014

M.A.C Cosmetics Marketing Project: Done and Dusted!

This is quite a delayed post as our M.A.C project ended quite a few weeks ago, but I just got my results back for the project today (which were very positive, yay!) so I thought I'd share with you what the whole thing was like and how it turned out!

First off I'll tell you what the project brief was and what we actually ended up doing, before I get too ahead of myself aha. Our brief was to design and market two promotional t-shirts, in groups of four, for a M.A.C lipstick collection of our choice. As a group we decided to fuse two of our favorite lipstick collections together, Punk Couture and A Tartan Tale, which we appropriately named Tartan Punk. I'll not bore you with hundreds of details, but by the end of it all, we'd created two T-shirts, a promotional scarf, staff uniform, illustrations and spec drawings, a styled photo shoot, a press release, a marketing report and packaging. As it was group work however all these tasks we're split between us, and I ended up with the task of illustrations and specs, the press release and part of the photography for styled photo shoot as me and another group member decided to share this task.

Not the best photo, but here's all our work together!
The part I enjoyed most was definitely the photoshoot, I'm really pleased with how the images came out, here's some of my favorites:

we didn't actually use this one in the lookbook as we thought the people from m.a.c might not like the fact our male model is smoking as it may reflect badly on m.a.c's image, but i think the smoke came out really well on the photo so i like it a lot!






This is the first assignment we've done at college that has really stood out to me as something a bit different and as a huge learning curve. For starters it was a group assignment, the first one we've done actually, which made me a little apprehensive as I was unsure if it would go well or how I'd react to criticisms of my work from the rest of my team. Luckily it went like a charm and we all worked together really well (phew!). The second thing that really really made this project stand out to me was the fact that we'd actually be presenting our finished work to people from M.A.C Cosmetics. It was quite daunting to say the least, and I'm an awful public speaker! Thankfully though that went pretty smoothly too (more thanks to my other team members really) and the feedback we got of our finished work and presentation of it was really positive! Overall I really enjoyed this project and I think I learnt a lot from it, I'm looking forward to doing similar things in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment